Thursday, May 26, 2011

Frenchy chair

I was soooo excited to have found this chair at a second hand store the other day, usually the only things that I find are plain square, cheap laminated furniture which I don't like and to see this chair sitting there waiting for me, I heard angels singing.


I haven't had the time to re-do it yet, but I'm planning to refinish it " a la Miss Mustard Seed" 



I really don't want to rush, will take my time to chose the right paint and fabric for the seat cushion.



It has some damage on the back that I don't know how to repair, will have to come up with something.


Stay tuned for the reveal!



I will be taking a few days off in Aspen, CO I'm hoping to find a few yard sales there this Saturday, is there such thing in Aspen? we'll see, or at least find me an antique mall.  Promise to take a lot of pictures.
Thanks for reading, wishing you a great weekend and Memorial Day.
Linking to Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
See you next week

Ido



16 comments:

  1. What a cool chair, it has such great bones! I'm sure you'll come up with something fantastic. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend in Aspen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun weekend in Aspen! Here's to good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky find! Can't wait to see how you transform it. I've heard angels sing at the thrift store, too:) Have a great time in Aspen, lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...can;t wait for the reveal! and like you I never find anything like that, only plastic flowers!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely chair - the detail on it is so pretty. I'm looking forward to its reincarnation. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chair....i can't wait till it is finished.....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ido, What a great find. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Have a great trip!!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your weekend sounds delightful. Your chair was indeed a rare find, I always feel like doing a little jig when I find something special. Thanks for popping in, please do come again......Love your blog!

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a lovely chair! I get my caning supplies from Rockler.com. You can see more information about how I do it at this post: http://redhenhome.blogspot.com/2011/04/replacing-cane-seat-my-way.html
    Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous chair you found! I found a chair for $10 with caning at Habitat Restore and it is interesting but not like your find. See what you mean - I know angels were singing here! Just looking at it's picture I can see how you were drawn to it Lots of character and just betting this will be one beautiful chair when you are finished! Can't wait to see what you do with your chair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    I love your blog!! Also, love all the beautiful projects you create.

    That chair is excellent. I will have to stop by again to see the finished result! Good luck with it.

    Have a great weekend.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ido!
    That was a great find!
    You asked about the bonding for the cake plates. I use a glue called E6000. It comes in a tube and I get it at the craft stores. It is amazing and bonds really well! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great score on that unique chair. I'm sure it will turn out great after you're done with it. Thanks for your nice comment on my chair, too!
    - susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Joy to find this. look forward to the reveal Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what you come up with, have some fun! and thanks for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome find Ido...I cannot wait to see what you do with it. Have tons of fun in Aspen.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete