Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gotta love books!

I am so excited because I received this book in the mail yesterday.  I am an avid collector of books and this one I really wanted to have in my collection.  I will never get used to the new "kindle" I like to touch and feel the pages of a book.
It has beautiful pictures (and as a very inexperienced blogger, I deleted some that I wanted to show you).
Also has instructions on different painting techniques, sewing curtains, etc. 

 I ordered it through Amazon, which has an incredible selection of used books in perfect condition, this one supposedly was used but I bet you it was never opened.  It is perfect.
I received it from Hastings and when I ordered it the price was $7.99 plus shipping $3.99.
When I received it, the price on the back of the book was $4.99. 

Moral of the story:  Check your local "used" book store before ordering through the internet, you never know the prices you'll find.

There is still time to enter my giveaway 
I will chose the winner on Thursday!


Until next time mes amies have a great day!

Ido




8 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful book and well worth what you paid for it despite the fact that it was actually sold cheaper. i will be on the hunt for it. it looks magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book !! like it very much !!...lovely day...love Ria....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book looks fantastic, but it would put a little damper on it if you paid more than you should of. Although the original price must have been much more...
    Wishing you a wonderful week
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support. I should probably check into the hormone thing, I have been putting that off. I never used to have to watch my weight until I went through menopause. So I am sure that had something to do with it. I really don't eat a lot, but I do like the sweets and butter. So I am redesigning my lifestyle. Here in the winter I just quit exercising which is not good. I have to say I am not an exerciser person ... I would much rather be in my studio!
    So this will be a challenge for me!
    Thanks again for your input, I appreciate your encouragement
    Blessings to you today
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creations, and sewing does get easier and easier. The best way to learn is just how you are learning....you don't forget what you do wrong or what you don't like ....thanks for following..I enjoyed my visit and I just followed back...see you again soon.
    xojana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ido
    What a great share on this book, I was wondering if I should buy it and now I'm convinced!!! Have a wonderful week ahead.

    much blessings
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous book and what a great deal too! I've just looked through your posts and you are one clever and talented lady. I'm happy I found your blog.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice book. I know what you mean about needing feel and touch the books. I think a novel would work on a Kindle, but these beautiful coffee table books need to be real.

    ReplyDelete