Tuesday, March 15, 2011

White Wednesday

I'm liking this post to  Kathleen at Faded Charm

I never liked white, never ever.  My home is filled with dark colors, I was so in to dark colors that I painted all the furniture in the living room black.  The only thing I had white in my house are the doors and they came with the house, so there was no way I was going to paint 20 doors in a dark color.  But thanks to all the lovely ladies in blogland I started to like white.
Now I like chippy old white sooo much that want to start painting everything white.  My husband is already pulling his hair! He doesn't see that happening.

For now I'm starting with small items:



These candle holders were black (obviously) with a raffia bow and a heart.  Nope, too country, so I painted them "white"




I found these vintage gloves (believe it or not, they fit me) at Chucks, Carrie has beautiful vintage clothes in her shop.



This hand carved "batea" was just a wooden old batea, now it's a white batea.


These (well, I don't know what they are) linens were given to me by the sweet 95 year old Helen, I treasure them.

And that's all I have for now, hope to show you more white things next time.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway

 
Ido

8 comments:

  1. Love those candle stands. You really did a great job on them and especially the bowl. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd get on the greige bandwagon, but we are working on our kitchen right now and shades of gray and a brownish purple are our choices. I guess we constantly grow and change and I think that is good, don't you?

    Oh- your bookends are about to receive their gold leaf. I didn't like how I started out, so completely re-did them again! Thanks for your extraordinary patience!

    -ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great whites!! The linens and batea are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on embelishing those candle stands - turned out so pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No much white here in the house ....beautiful things you find.....have a nice day darling....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hooked on white too!!!! All your whites are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love white gloves...I buy them and the girls actually wear them for going to Church....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how blogland can sway us in our decor. I too still have some black pieces, but they are slowly becoming white. It's just an automatic mood lifter with me. Love all your white things, especially that great wooden bowl!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete