Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Today I'm linking this post to Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday.

Some antique finds.

I don't know how old these shoe forms are, but I think they are cool, a little bit rusty, I'm keeping them outside so they rust more. I had only seen the wooden ones before.

I found this huge (about 2 1/2 feet long) spoon at a SH store, it's made out of metal, it will be painted "antique white" of course and may be hold some moss and a lamb (copying Debra here)


I scored this urn for very little money, what do you think to paint or not to paint?  I don't have any gold in my house so I was thinking white.




For now it is holding my favorite only fern.

I'm also linking today to The charm of home, stop by and say hi to the other parties.

Don't forget to enter my Giveaway!

Have a nice Friday!

Ido

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that big spoon all done up for Spring, and yep, I'd paint that urn in a heartbeat. It's really pretty! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!!
    big hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some great finds. I love the urn and think it would look great white and then shabby it up a bit. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the urn and it be lovely white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops....it will be lovely white. That's what I meant to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore your treasures!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ido,
    Awesome finds...Love, love, love the spoon! I too think it would look beautiful in white. I'll definitely have to come back and see what you do with it. Have a wonderful weekend...Oh, but before I go, just wanted to thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment. Hope you come and visit again soon...

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ido,

    Good finds!
    Yes, do paint the urn white, but rub back some of the paint to reveal the gold underneath. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice finds. The urn is wonderful. I found one at the thrift too and my little on broke it. I am sure these will be another on out there soon. LOL Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome finds. I love your style. I would so die to have a little shop in some french chateau somewhere. My fav of your finds here is the first picture (basket? with a spout) would make a great planter.

    ReplyDelete