Friday, April 15, 2011

Price tags

I have an upcoming show for mother's day and decided to cut down costs a little bit.
I had some scraps of paper and thought that I could save a little if I made my own price tags. (It just cost me some time, but that I have enough, I will just go to sleep one hour later)

I also had on hand a french column stamp and gave me an idea.
I first stamped the paper, then tore off the sides, leaving just the top side intact.


Then brewed some coffee (drank one cup first) and then drowned the tags in the leftover coffee.

Let them dry and oh, oh, the stamped faded with the coffee



After the tags dried I had to stamp them again.  Actually the faded stamp gave them a more worn look, I'm happy with them.


Now I can proceed to price my goodies.

Ta-da! ready for the show!
You can tell I'm not a photographer, look at the shadow in that pic.

  Have a nice day mes amies!

Ido


13 comments:

  1. Those are great! Much nicer than buying tags. I think a personal touch like that goes a long way with customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely clever! I am so very impressed!
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cleverness shines through in these darling price tags. I get a lot of compliments on my shop price tags. I make my own too and they compliment the booth. People notice. Yours are charming. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice Ido !!..you did a reat job !!...lovely weekend....enjoy have fun.....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and creative.... I love it! Have a great weekend, Cutie!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting me today. We must get together and talk about how husbands stifle our creativity. I have to be careful what I say on my blog because he reads it sometimes.

    I think price tags are important and say a lot about who you are. Yours are very appealing. I have some paper I antiqued with coffee then left under weights until it flattened again that I am dying to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Ido!

    Did you use regular computer printing paper or something a bit heavier? Whichever- yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute tags! We make our tags up as well - everyone loves them...an easy way to create your "signature" look :)
    (We like that coffee idea of drinking a cup and staining them though...we'll have to think about that one!)
    Enjoy your day!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetest idea! Thanks for sharing--love your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks great! I'm just wondering if everything smells like coffee now???

    Thanks
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  11. great tags.. I bet people will want to buy them too! Good luck at the show! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a great idea. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these tags! I need new ones for my store, I may try your idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete