Thursday, April 7, 2011

My spoon re-do

I have previously showed you pictures of an awesome find, remember this?


I decided that gold is not for me, so I painted it white, then rubbed off some of the paint to show the details

I have an awkward layout in the kitchen, there is absolutely no wall space for anything, so I had to hang my spoon here.

I love the "frenchy" details, yes that is a fleur de lis.

I like how it turned out.  I didn't know what to put on it so I just threw in there some ivy, should I go with this look?

Or this one:


Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time mes amies.
Linking to Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday 

and Feathered Nest Friday


Ido


7 comments:

  1. Hi Ido...loike this spoon very much !!!..lovely decorated !!...happy day....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, so much better. I think I like the candle better. A little birdie would be cute sitting in the ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I love the way this turned out! My little angel statue looked a little like this in round 1, but not as nice as yours.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun... love the paint outcome! Thanks for visiting Inspired Design... I am now following you! Good luck w/ the giveaway... thanks for entering! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute redo!! Like the candle- I was thinking a cute nest with some eggs would be adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paint technique really looks wondeful. It's a really pretty piece, yes, very frenchy! Thanks for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there- What a neat piece!! Love the re-do on it- how sweet to hold a candle-great idea! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete